This tutorial illustrates how users can employ PrivX's passwordless SSH and RDP access.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) (Steps 1-2)
- Roles governing access (Step 3)
- Passwordless SSH access (Steps 4-5)
- Passwordless RDP access (Steps 6-7)
- Our example user chris.hall logs in to PrivX.
- This PrivX instance has MFA active, so Chris checks the pin code from his Google Authenticator app.
- Chris has the roles RDP user and SSH user. These roles are set up to allow him passwordless RDP and SSH access on certain target hosts.
- To demonstrate role ssh user, Chris navigates to Connections, lists his available SSH hosts and clicks PrivXDemo Linux-3.
- On the target host, he is granted passwordless SSH access as user ubuntu.
- To demonstrate role rdp user, he lists his available SSH hosts and clicks Administrator @ PrivXDemo Windows AD.
- On the target host, he is granted passwordless RDP access as user Administrator.